Sunday, July 7, 2013

Chalkboard

So we had found this old chalkboard at DI and we bought a can of the chalkboard spray paint to redo it. That's the one I have been using and it has worked pretty well, but it wasn't that great quality. Then last week peter found an old vanity next to the dumpster and thought it would make a perfect chalk board (plus its over double the size). Peter sanded it down and we repainted the boarder. Then we got a can of chalkboard paint (rather than spray paint) so we could paint the layer on a little thicker. It turned out really well! I'm very pleased and excited to have a big chalkboard, plus it will be awesome for our soon-to-be little boy when he gets older.

I just have to decide how to decorate the boarder. We want it to be for our son, so we want it to be a kid-ish design. I'm thinking about cutting out stuff from the cricut and then using mod podge to glue them around the boarder. So far I'm trying to decide between zoo animals or dinosaurs. I want it to look cute, but not be too much. Also once we decide on a name (so I'll probably wait til after he is born) I want to maybe put his name across the top or bottom.






2 comments:

  1. I love the new chalkboard - great work! I also like how you compare the size of the baby with something familiar & take your picture - great way to keep a journal of your pregnancy. xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete